Friday, August 3, 2012

About Us

The Story Behind The Name



We both started this blog because we both have a passion for art, the beauty of nature, photography, and especially fashion. We got the idea to start a blog one afternoon after school when we were just hanging out together in a nearby park. We thought about how much we enjoyed reading blogs, why not make one ourselves. Thus, You, Me, & The Color RED was born! The idea behind the name came from the most obvious characteristics of ourselves. For Mackenzie, it’s her red glasses. She has over six pairs of glasses that she corresponds to each outfit that she wears. WOW. For Hayley, the ‘red is her hair. And yes, it’s natural. No hair dye here. The color runs on her mom’s side. We hope you all enjoy a little taste of our lives in You, Me, & The Color RED!

HEY THERE!
The name’s Hayley. I’ve traveled pretty much everywhere in my short teenage life, including Europe, but to me, no place is better than home. Bred in Texas I will always have a little bit of southern sass in me. Where I live now I consider my home sweet home and the place where I met my partner in crime, Mackenzie. I am still currently in high school but when I graduate my dreams are to become a designer of sorts. I have always enjoyed recreating things that have otherwise gone unloved. I have a great love for sewing and began working a machine early on in junior-high. It’s probably not surprising when I say that my favorite class is Home Ec.
I look forward to blogging with you!


Hi!
I’m Mackenzie, teenage aspiring graphic artist/ historian/ business owner. Born, raised, and still live in Wisconsin today with my best friend Hayley. We met in 7th grade when she moved here. My hobbies are my life. They’re what define me. I’m a part time kayaker, artist, historian, photographer and entrepreneur. I LOVE to travel and explore new places. The world is my oyster! After high school I want to double major in history and graphic art. Fun fact about myself: I drive a beat up old red jeep without any air conditioning, dented doors, a smashed front end, a tethered down trunk that won’t close, and the driver side door must remain unlocked at all times. If locked it jams.
Enjoy the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment